Trump Administration

Trump Admin Cancels Annual Large-Scale Drills With South Korea

According to a new report, the Trump administration is set to announce the end of large-scale drills conducted with South Korea every spring.

Back in November, the Pentagon announced it would still participate in a large drill called Key Resolve and Foal Eagle but with this announcement, those plans have been canceled.

President Trump has been trying to show the world along with North Korea; he is serious about developing a positive relationship with North Korea and fostering an atmosphere where things can get done promptly.

Two U.S. defense officials told NBC News Friday about the impending announcement. Their report indicated that the two drills in question — which are referred to as Key Resolve and Foal Eagle — will eventually be replaced with smaller-scale training exercises tailored to specific missions.

Senior defense officials told NBC News that those two exercises were both for ensuring troops from both countries remained vigilant and for deterring potential aggression from neighboring North Korea.

“The U.S. has identified ways to mitigate potential readiness concerns by looking at required mission tasks versus having to conduct large-scale exercises,” one official told NBC News.

Trump has previously tweeted that he considers these “war games” with South Korea to be a waste of money. [via Army Times]

We’re being censored by social media and need your help to continue to fight against the opposition media lies. 

President Trump told reporters: “It’s a very, very expensive thing and we do have to think about that, too.”

Trump just finished his second summit with King Jong Un without an agreement this past Thursday. The president has been again the cost of annual military drills for a while now so this is nothing new even though Democrats and the opposition media will whine about it.

The U.S. and South Korea have also suspended a few other smaller joint drills.

Please consider making a donation to WayneDupree.com
and help our mission to make the world a better place

If you find inaccurate information within this article, please use the contact form to alert us immediately.

NOTE: Facebook and Twitter are currently censoring conservative content. We hope they will reverse their policy and honor all voices shortly. Until then, please like our page on Facebook and PLEASE check the Wayne Dupree homepage for the latest stories.

 

Having problems finding a source for real news links in real time, click on Whatfinger.com. Visit, bookmark and share this resource and then tell your friends and family.

Wayne Dupree

Wayne Dupree is owner and founder of WayneDupree.com. He was named to the 2017 Newsmax’s 50 Most Influential African-American Republicans. He served in the USAF between 1987-1995. He saw time in Operation Desert Storm/Shield and is the father of three. He is the host of the Wayne Dupree Show.

Leave a Comment