The RNC demands a full retraction and apology. Legal action against the source will be pursued.”
“A anonymous post in PJ media that is based entirely on anonymous sources makes the false allegation that the RNC and its redistricting consultant Dr Tom Hofeller are spending RNC donations to develop “race- based criteria” to “grab Texas and other states and place then back under federal receivership”.
The story fails to note that a contributor of PJ Media, J. Christian Adams, was on the losing side of the effort to renew the Voting Rights Act in 2006.
Here are the facts:
- There is no RNC effort what so ever to influence litigation or legislation dealing with the effects of the Shelby County decision.
- There is no RNC efforts to create any new criteria to replace section 4 which was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
- No RNC staff or funding have used to for this purpose.
- There is no RNC effort nor has there been any involvement in devising criteria that amends “the Voting Rights Act to grab states and force them to obtain Washington, D.C. approval.”
- There is no RNC effort nor has there been any attempts to use Hofeller’s “RNC-generated ideas to accomplish this goal.”
- On this matter there are NO “RNC generated ideas” – period!
Of the so-called Republicans in Congress that are “cool to this idea” PJ Media cannot name one (see number 6 – there is no plan to be cool to).