Here is video of President Obama today in the West Bank actually comparing the Palestinian-Israeli situation to the United States and Canada – “You know, the United States and Canada has arguments once in awhile.”
Of course, neither the U.S. nor Canada has ever refused to recognize the other’s right to exist, as the Palestinians have done to Israel for decades. To my knowledge, no missiles have been fired almost daily from the U.S. or Canada at the other, as Israel endures repeatedly. I don’t recall statements by the U.S. or Canada urging the annihilation of the other – as many Arab voices have stated about Israel. Yet, this is the analogy Obama uses to describe how conflict between Israelis and Palestinians can be overcome.
Apparently, the President doesn’t understand – or chooses to ignore – the fact there are a few differences regarding U.S. relations with our neighbor to the North.
- Canada isn’t controlled by a terrorist organization named Hamas.
- Canada isn’t calling for the destruction of the United States.
- Vancouver isn’t lobbing missiles over the border into Seattle.
- The Canadian government isn’t funding suicide bombers who blow themselves up on U.S. busses and in U.S. pizza parlors.
- Canada has taken the bold step of acknowledging that the United States has right to exist.
- Canada’s Prime Minister probably doesn’t believe that the “Zionists” colluded with the Nazis to create the holocaust.
Other than that, he’s right. It’s exactly the same.