Cut—-Cut—-not allow more money to spend. Cut. We need to cut all Senate members and force the whole bunch to make cuts in wages and benefits. If these morons worked in the private sector they’d be fired with many investigated for embezzlement, insider trading and tax evasion. Of course it will not be a balanced budget. What good is a budget if they don’t follow it?
Democrats are the real party of no! Check out these Republican-crafted amendments to cut costs in the government! The Democrats voted no to these government money grabbing leech style programs instead of cutting them to save money.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) amendment 382, to increase funding for interstate bridges and pay for it with funding that would have gone to for foreign assistance and the Department of Energy loan guarantees, failed 26-72.
- Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) amendment 338, to end subsidized mobile phone service, failed 46-53.
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) amendment 471, to reduce aid to Egypt to pay for the East Coast Missile Defense Shield, 25-74.
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) amendment 702, to raise a point of order to prohibit funds to the United Nations while any member nation forces involuntary abortions, 38-61
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) amendment 673, to raise a point of order on a bill that would limit the Second Amendment, failed 50-49 to waive the budget act (60 votes are required).
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) amendment 416, to prevent non-defense spending by the Department of Defense, failed 43-56.