Government

Border Officials Clear Record — Only 7 Families Separated At Ports Of Entry (May 6 – July 2)

Todd Owens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection executive assistant commissioner of field operations wants to clear the distorted record of family separations.

On Monday, Owens said that four of the seven family cases that had been separated at the points of entry happened because the “adults tried to physically run through a port of entry, which is entry without inspection,” while the other three families had members who backgrounds of criminal behavior.

The opposition media has been fighting Pres. Trump on the so-called huge number of separated families while the Democrats have been trying to call for the abolishment of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Owens had a lot more to say to clear the air and hopefully this message gets out and shared.

Source: Washington Examiner

Border officials said Monday that there have only been seven instances since May 6 in which migrant children were separated from their families after entering the U.S. at a port of entry and seeking asylum, as part of an effort to reject claims from Democrats that this kind of family separation is happening routinely.

“From May 6 to July 2, 5,298 individuals presented themselves at ports of entry as part of a family unit. Of those, we have had seven cases of family separation across the entire southwest border since May 6,” Todd Owens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection executive assistant commissioner of field operations, told reporters on a call Monday morning.

Border officials have instructed Central American migrants seeking asylum in the U.S. to go to ports of entry and to not try to enter between ports, which is a misdemeanor as a first-time offense that has led to family separation. However, immigrant advocates and some journalistic reports have claimed family separations are taking place at ports.

CBP Assistant Commissioner for Public Affairs Andrew Meehan said the agency held the call to “dispel” those reports.

Donate $10, $20, $50, $100 and help us continue to fight the opposition media while keeping you updated on conservative news that we need

I am glad the agency is doing this to call out the lies and mistruths. The opposition media is not the friend of the American people, and it’s causing more voters to research truth from other resources which should be the norm these days.

Don’t forget to follow the Wayne Dupree Show social media accounts on FacebookSpreakeriHeartRadioGoogle Plus & Twitter.

 

Having problems finding a source for real news links in real time, click on Whatfinger.com. Visit, bookmark and share this resource and then tell your friends and family.

Wayne Dupree

Wayne Dupree is owner and founder of WayneDupree.com. He was named to the 2017 Newsmax’s 50 Most Influential African-American Republicans. He served in the USAF between 1987-1995. He saw time in Operation Desert Storm/Shield and is the father of three. He is the host of the Wayne Dupree Show.

Leave a Comment