Well, this can’t be good for business.
If you are an avid visitor to Chipotle restaurants, one of their chain stores was shut down because 703 people have been diagnosed with an illness.
I’d say it has less to do with the food chain and more to do with management and improper food storage or making sure food is handled properly. Good help is hard to find these days. No one cares. It’s a result of the “me” generation that can’t follow rules.
Source: Fox News
A Chipotle restaurant in Ohio is facing a second lawsuit after 703 people reportedly fell ill after eating at the burrito chain.
The Powell location has shut down after facing complaints from sick customers since July 26, when the outbreak reportedly began.
Delaware County General Health District has been investigating the claims, testing customers for numerous foodborne illnesses like E. coli, salmonella, norovirus, and shigella — all of which came back negative, Dayton Daily News reported. The cause of the outbreak is currently unkown.
Food from the chain is still being tested, Traci Whittaker, a spokeswoman for the health district, told the Dayton Daily.
The Chipotle outpost said they are cooperating with the health department concerning the outbreak.
Eater: More Than 700 Sick Due to Chipotle Foodborne Illness Outbreak in Ohio.https://t.co/cGhqFbHzBY
— Danzell Madison (@danzell_madison) August 8, 2018
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) August 3, 2018
Six hundred people fall ill after eating at one Chipotle in Ohio
— Kerry L. Armstrong (@NotGuilty01) August 8, 2018
Maybe it is not the food, but the drinks! A lot of times Fast Food Restaurants, or Restaurants in general, do not service nor clean there Ice Machines all that well and given melting ice, water, and damp conditions, it is prime breeding ground for Bacteria(s).
I have noticed that the number of food poising at eating establishments have gone way up over the last few years. In the past, it was somewhat rare to hear of food poising at eating establishment but now in only a few years, it is almost a report daily in the news.
Is it because that there is better methods of detection now than then? Could the reason be workers in the food chain that may be contaminating the food by accident or on purpose? Just a question that might that might open up another line of investigation.
What are your thoughts about this story and if you eat at Chipotle, will this stop you from going in the future?
Having problems finding a source for real news links in real time, click on Whatfinger.com. Visit, bookmark and share this resource and then tell your friends and family.