The Democrats seem to be realizing that they really hitched their wagon to the wrong presidential duo.
It’s now becoming abundantly clear that Joe doesn’t have another 8 months left in him, let alone 8 years, which leaves the Dems with one terrible option for 2024: Kamala Harris.
Harris, as we all know, is about as likable as one-ply toilet paper, and not only that, but she’s also been making non-stop political blunders.
Bottom line is that the left knows that Kamala can’t win in 2024 against any Republican, and especially against Trump, and they’re scrambling to find a solution.
Why it matters: 2024 is the elephant in the room. While Biden aides overwhelmingly believe he’ll be the Democratic nominee, they also know he’d be 81 when seeking re-election.
- An operation sometimes visibly out of sync with Biden’s — and missteps during a recent trip to the U.S.-Mexico border, following a scrutinized interview with NBC’s Lester Holt — have reignited questions from Harris’ 2020 primary bid.
- Harris would be the presumptive nominee if Biden didn’t run. Administration sources believe it would be nearly impossible to unseat the first Black woman vice president.
Yet many Democrats, including some current senior administration officials, are concerned she could not defeat whomever the Republican Party puts up — even if it were Donald Trump.
- One Democratic operative tells Axios’ Alayna Treene that most Democrats aren’t saying, “‘Oh, no, our heir apparent is f***ing up, what are we gonna do?’ It’s more that people think, ‘Oh, she’s f***ing up, maybe she shouldn’t be the heir apparent.'”
- Some Democrats close to the White House are increasingly concerned about Harris’s handling of high-profile issues and political tone deafness, and question her ability to maintain the coalition that Biden rode to the White House, sources tell Axios’ Hans Nichols.
- What we’re hearing: Relations between the West Wing and the Vice President’s office are tense.Several administration officials used “shitshow” when describing Harris’ office, and contrast her operation with disciplined, virtually leakproof Biden aides.
Some Biden officials view the Harris operation as poorly-managed and staffed with people who don’t have long-term relationships with her. They feel she’s gotten bad advice from her press and communications shop and think it’s telling that she’s already lost two advance aides and a digital director.
It’ll be interesting to see what the left does to overcome this issue.
Will they attempt to drag sleepy Joe across the finish line, will they create a new pandemic or will they attempt to make Kamala more likable.
It’s hard to say which one they’ll choose, but each one is a losing formula.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.