Season 20 of the reality television show “Worst Cooks in America” has reportedly been removed from streaming by the Food Network after the winner of the competition was charged with the death of a child.
People Magazine reported that Ariel Robinson, a 29 year-old teacher from South Carolina, was arrested last week on charges related to the death of Victoria Rose Smith. Her 34 year-old husband Jerry Robinson was arrested as well.
After news of the arrest broke, Food Network removed season 20 of the show from the cable service’s VOD offerings, as well as from Discovery+, Hulu and YouTube. The first 19 seasons of “Worst Cooks In America” are still available for streaming, as is season 21, which premiered earlier this month. Food Network has yet to offer any kind of additional comment on Robinson’s arrest.
Robinson was declared the winner of the show on an episode that aired back in August, beating out runner-up, model Zack Ignoffo, and winning the $25,000 grand prize as well as a Food Network cooking set. Hosted by hosted by Anne Burrell and Alex Guarnaschelli, “Worst Cooks In America” follows “two premier chefs” who “work to transform a team of hopeless cooks from kitchen disasters to kitchen masters, and the last recruit standing wins $25,000,” according to The Wrap.
Greenville County senior deputy coroner Kent Dill said that Robinson’s 3 year-old foster daughter Victoria was found unresponsive in her and her husband’s home in Simpsonville on January 14. She later died at Greenville Memorial Hospital as a result of multiple blunt force injuries. Victoria had been living in their home as a foster child at the time of her death.
“Police officers handle all kinds of cases, and these kind of cases can be the hardest for them to do,” Simpsonville police spokesman Justin Lee Campbell said in a statement. “It is a sad day. You bring charges and maybe convictions, but at the end of the day the life of a child was taken. For anyone who knew the victim or was related to the victim, they are in our thoughts and prayers.”
Robinson and her husband were denied bail when they went before a judge last week, and they are currently being held at the Greenville County Detention Center. It is unclear at the time of this writing if they have entered any pleas yet, or if they have secured legal representation.
This piece originally appeared in UpliftingToday.com and is used by permission.
Read more at UpliftingToday.com:
Woman About To Turn 70 Looks Decades Younger After Life Changing Makeover
‘Happy Days’ Star Henry Winkler Remembers The Last Time He Saw ‘Three’s Company’ Star John Ritter Alive – ‘He Was Rushed To The Hospital’
Ann-Margret Opens Up About The Death Of Husband Of 50 Years – ‘You Have To Keep Living’
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Wayne Dupree. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.