I wish the Durham investigation would have been this quick and concise. However, I guess it’s a lot harder to bring down the Deep State than it is to investigate a Soros-backed Chicago prosecutor.
Anyway, you’ll recall the Jussie Smollett case – how can we forget, right?
Soros-backed prosecutor Kim Foxx let Jussie off the hook with barely even a tiny slap on the wrist after he faked a “hate crime” according to police.
After a ton of public backlash a “Special Prosecutor” was assigned to the case and Jussie was recharged.
And now, his investigation of Kim Foxx is over and while there will be no criminal charges levied against Foxx, Mr. Webb did find enough “substantial abuse” that she could be hit with some serious ethics violations – mainly for lying.
He found Ms. Foxx misled the public, and also lied about recusing herself from the case (she was still getting updates).
What? A Democrat lied? No way…
Last August a judge appointed special prosecutor Dan Webb to look into Kim Foxx’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case. Today, Webb concluded that investigation and revealed he had found “substantial abuses of discretion” in Foxx’s handling of the case. However, he did not find anything that would lead to charges against Foxx or others in her office. Here are the five major findings in Webb’s report:
Overall, Webb said he found:
• Evidence establishing “substantial abuses of discretion” in prosecuting and dismissing the initial criminal charges filed against Smollett.
• Evidence “that may rise to the level of a violation of legal ethics by State’s Attorney Foxx” and other Cook County prosecutors “relating to false and/or misleading public statements made about the prosecution.”
• Evidence showing Foxx was given frequent updates about the case against Smollett following her declared recusal, though there was no evidence showing Foxx was involved in decision-making after that point.
• No evidence that would support criminal charges against Foxx or any other Cook County prosecutor.
• No evidence of “improper influence by any outside third parties” in the decision-making by Foxx’s office regarding the initial charges against Smollett.
That’s the bottom line but the details are interesting. Webb found lots of evidence that Kim Foxx absued her discretion in the case.
The report goes on to say that most internal people who were interviewed about the case were “shocked” that charges against Smollett had been dropped.
Webb also called out the lies that Foxx’s office fed to the media about the dismissal of the case or the “coverup.”
According to the findings, Foxx’s office tried to fluff off the dismissal as “business as usual.” But the investigation proved that was not actually the case. So, Jussie did get preferential treatment.
The main crux of the findings is that Foxx’s office lied so much to the media and in the media (Foxx herself wrote op-eds) that it appears to be a serious “ethics” violation.
We’ll see if anything comes of that. We hope so.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.