Society is a mess.

Instead of rushing to help each other when someone’s in trouble, we stand there filming it with our cell phones so we can upload to social media later and see if it goes viral.

Thank goodness not everyone is that clueless, cruel, and narcissistic because if they were 56-year-old Guy Tarlton from Marion, Indiana would be dead right now.

Tarlton was cooking a special “Father’s Day” dinner when he fell asleep and accidentally set his house on fire.

Whatever Tarlton was cooking had caught on fire and smoke was billowing from the house.

Do you still have cable tv?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from WayneDupree.com and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

MORE NEWS: [VIDEO] Just Before She Perished in the Fire, Mother Throws Toddler Off 3rd-Floor Balcony Right Into the Arms of a Marine

That caught the neighbor’s attention, who all wandered out and stood there watching and filming the house.

Thankfully, 25-year-old Tré Jones and 24-year-old Marcus Harvey happened to be driving in the area. They quickly noticed something was wrong.

“I smell some smoke. Somebody’s house is on fire,” Jones told his friend.

The duo started investigating and traced the smoke to Tarlton’s house that was on fire, and no firemen had responded yet.

The two brave young men said one thing that stood out to them was that people were saying there was someone stuck in the house, but they weren’t doing anything — they just stood there filming the fire.

“They basically tell us there’s a guy inside the house,” Harvey said. “We didn’t know where he was at, we just heard him screaming and everything.”

How on earth could you just stand there filming a burning house while someone is inside screaming?

MORE NEWS: Navy Seal Rob O’Neill Teaches Spoiled Anti-American Athletes and Actors a Lesson in Humility and Patriotism They’ll Never Forget

Jones wondered the same thing. But there wasn’t much time to ponder – the two brave young guys jumped into action.

They kicked in the door and went into the burning house.

“So I kicked the door in, fire, smoke, all that came through,” he explained. “It blew out at me. I see a little tunnel area I can duck down and get underneath the smoke. Now I could hear him a lot more clear so I’m like, ‘Here I come.’”

“Picked him up, scooted him out the house. When I got to the door, Marcus assisted me. He grabbed by his pants. We dragged him out here. That’s when the firefighters came and stuff.”

“As we’re coming out of the house, we can’t see anything but the only thing I can sit there and tell you, if you believe in God, mysterious things will happen,” he said. “He was right there the whole entire time showing us the way out.”

You can watch the video below:

Tarlton’s nephew said that his uncle is alive but in critical condition.

He suffered burns on 30 percent of his body and has a long road ahead of him.

Thank God for Tre and Marcus. Two amazing, selfless heroes who should be honored for their bravery.

 

Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.