Young Nick Sandmann has chimed in on the Brian Stelter situation with a scathing tweet addressing Stelter inserting himself into a social media conversation involving a settlement between Sandman and WAPO. According to Sandmann’s attorney Lin Wood, what Stelter did violated a “confidentiality agreement” and now Wood wants Stelter to lose his job.
Here’s what Sandmann said:
“I can’t decide if it’s worse to be Brian Stelter or believe Brian Stelter. He was never in any court hearing or meeting I was. So why does he act like he knows anything?”
I can’t decide if it’s worse to be Brian Stelter or believe Brian Stelter.
He was never in any court hearing or meeting I was. So why does he act like he knows anything? https://t.co/2QdUuH5bkZ
— Nicholas Sandmann (@N1ckSandmann) July 27, 2020
No one will accuse Brian Stelter of being a “brainiac,” that’s for sure, but his lack of common sense and his need to “one-up” anything even remotely “Trump-related” is mind-blowing and it may have just cost him his job.
Here’s what happened:
As you know, young Nick Sandmann and his lawyer Lin Wood have settled their lawsuits with WAPO and CNN.
Both of these settlements are wrapped up tightly in confidentiality agreements with zero wiggle room.
Well, today, Brian Stelter tried to “wiggle around” that confidentiality agreement by publically “discussing” the settlement agreement with WAPO, when he shared a tweet from a lawyer who was dunking on young Nick Sandmann by “guessing” that he didn’t get very much money from WAPO.
According to Lin Woods, Nick Sandman’s attorney, Stelter’s retweet is a breach of the confidentiality agreement between CNN and Sandmann.
Lin Wood took to Twitter and here’s what he said: “This retweet by @brianstelter may have cost him his job at @CNN. It is called breach of confidentiality agreement. Brian Stelter is a liar. I know how to deal with liars.”
Mr. Wood included a screenshot of Mr. Stelter’s retweet.
— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) July 27, 2020
CNN’s chief media correspondent Brian Stelter may have landed himself in hot water, according to the attorney of Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann.
Last week, Sandmann announced that The Washington Post settled the $250 million defamation lawsuit he filed over its botched coverage of a viral confrontation with a Native American elder that had portrayed the Kentucky teen as the aggressor. This followed the multi-million dollar settlement CNN made with the teenager back in January.
However, Sandmann’s attorney Lin Wood spotted a retweet from Stelter of a tweet written by attorney Mark Zaid, who speculated about how much money the teen walked away with from the settlement.
“Those with zero legal experience (as far as I can tell) should not be conjecturing on lawsuits they know nothing about. What kind of journalism is that?” Zaid asked. “I’ve litigated defamation cases. [Sandmann] was undoubtedly paid nuisance value settlement & nothing more.”
Wood accused the “Reliable Sources” host of breaching his network’s own confidentiality agreement with his client.
“This retweet by @brianstelter may have cost him his job at @CNN. It is called breach of confidentiality agreement. Brian Stelter is a liar. I know how to deal with liars,” Wood tweeted with a screenshot of Stelter’s retweet.
It’s amazing how the hatred that these journalists have for anything “MAGA” just drives them to do the dumbest things.
I guess it’s a symptom of Stage 5 TDS when you lose the capacity to think clearly and use common sense.
You really have to wonder why grown adults are filled with so much hate, that they feel the need to continually try and bash a young kid.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.