According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, a Kentucky-based company is recalling over 121,000 pounds of pork and ready-to-eat turkey products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens.
States affected by this product shipment include Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and West Virginia.
The issue was discovered by Blue Grass Quality Meats’ seasoning supplier and contains soy, an ingredient that is not declared on the labels.
Check your refrigerator or freezer for these products:
- Various weights of shrink-wrap packages containing “BLUEGRASS CAJUN STYLE TURKEY BREAST” with sell-by dates from 7/1/19 to 1/9/20.
- Various weights of shrink-wrap packages containing “OLDE WORLD Cajun Style TURKEY BREAST” with sell-by dates from 7/1/19 to 1/1/20.
- Various weights of shrink-wrap packages containing “Robinson’s PREMIUM Cajun Style Turkey Breast” with sell-by dates from 7/12/19 to 1/16/20.
- Various weights of shrink-wrap packages containing “Troyer CAJUN STYLE TURKEY BREAST” with sell-by dates from 7/18/19 to 1/21/20.
- Various weights of vacuum-sealed packages containing “Troyer CAJUN STYLE BACON” with sell-by dates from 1/28/19 to 2/19/20.
I don’t know if this is too late or not but the report also says the Cajun-style bacon and turkey breast products were produced between October 29, 2018 and November 19, 2019.
The establishment numbers read “P-7417” or “EST. 7417” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
Companies who need to issue recalls for any reason should be heavily fined. Who pays for all the product that gets thrown away? The consumer that’s who. They issue the recall after it’s all been sold, so any returns are minimal. They then get to sell replacement products so no loss to the company. If there isn’t any pain associated with a recall there is no incentive to correct their actions to avoid recalls.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.