According to a new report, disgraced former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe will face charges for his role in the Hillary Clinton email investigation.
The charges will reportedly center around McCabe making “false statements” in regards to the email investigation. Sources say it has to do with him leaking information to the press about the investigation and then lying about it.
What Do You Think About This?: South Africa Burger King Drops ‘Ham’ From Hamburger to Respect Muslim Customers
According to Fox News, the charges are coming down after the DOJ rejected the final last-ditch appeal from McCabe’s team.
BREAKING: US Attorney Jessie Liu is reportedly planning to move forward with charges against fmr FBI official Andrew McCabe. DOJ is said to have rejected McCabe's appeal request. Developing…
— Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) September 12, 2019
U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.
McCabe — the former deputy and acting director of the FBI — appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.
The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements concerning a Hillary Clinton-related investigation.
A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, “The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office.”
McCabe, who recently was hired as a paid CNN commentator, spent 21 years with the FBI. He became the acting director in May 2017 after President Trump fired former director James Comey.
Last month, a source close to the process told Fox News that McCabe had a “target on his back” because of the Justice Department inspector general findings. [Fox News]
Bad News For Liz: Report: Warren Direct Descendant of ‘Indian Fighter’ Who Battled Seminole Tribe
McCabe staunchly denies that he did any wrong. He claims the IG report “mischaracterized” what actually occurred.
Last month, McCabe sued the FBI and the Justice Department for his firing. He claimed that he was actually fired because President Trump was purging leaders he didn’t trust from the bureau.
The two people McCabe blames for his firing are Wray and Sessions.
This story is still developing.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.